For many years before ICAO laid down the requirement for formal safety management systems (SMS) for airlines and airports, operators had their own arsenal of safety management tools. Most of these tools were based on readily available technologies, such as the Microsoft Office suite of MS Access, MS Excel, and MS Word.
You should remember that operators with these safety management tools were considered to have a "safety system" in place. Amazingly, these systems grew to become very complex and efficient when one compared the safety systems in the early years of aviation.
When SMS became a requirement, the demand for a higher level of safety management tools was required. The best aviation SMS programs were Web-based and used email as a collaboration and documentation tool. SMS Pro™ was developed because there were no Web-based safety management tools that focused on ICAO SMS requirements.
The last video discussed SMS Pro's capability as a modern breed of safety management tools that are used by airports and airlines around the world.
Here is the link to the video on SMS Pro's risk management software as an aviation safety system.
Below is an outline for this next video:
- Proactive Hazard Analysis Tool
- Identifies Hazards, Risks, Control Measures
- Corrective Action Manager
- Review all CPAs to Identify Road Block or Stalls
- Risk Analysis Charts - Understanding Numbers
- Key Performance Indicators
- Financial Risk Analysis Charting Tools
- Data Analysis & Export to Perform Ad Hoc Queries
- Full-Text Search
- Export Data to Excel, Word or PDFs
Part 8 Safety Management System (SMS) - Aviation SMS for Airports & Airlines