Aviation safety systems can be anything as crude as a notepad with reported issues and a dusty safety manual sitting on a shelf to MS Word, MS Excel and paper documents to more sophisticated databases connected to enterprise level, web-based aviation safety software programs. SMS Pro™ falls into this last category.
SMS Pro™ was created because operators soon discovered that MS Word and MS Excel documents were a nightmare to manage and meaningful, timely reports could not be generated with any frequency.
Furthermore, most aviation organizations are dispersed across a wide geographical area. Pilots needed to communicate hazards in real time and the Web suited this need the best of any current aviation safety systems.
Today, the best aviation safety management systems are Web-based. These aviation safety systems should have an enterprise database behind them, such as Oracle or SQL Server.
Don't settle for anything less. MS Access simply won't scale and is not suited for a Web server with more than 5 users.
The previous video finished highlighting the Safety Policy modules in the SMS Pro™ aviation safety system. This next video demonstrates what many consider the best Web-based aviation safety system on the market to manage ICAO compliant aviation safety management systems.
The following outline is of the following video:
- Document repository with version control capabilities
- Issue Manager for risk management, risk assessment, classifying issues
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Add attachments to reported hazards
- Proactive Hazard Analysis Tool for proactively identifying hazards
- Hazard registry generated from Operational Risk Profile
- Corrective/Preventive Action Manager
- Charting tools
- Trend analysis safety system tools
- Financial Charts
- Ad hoc analysis and data export
Part 7 Safety Management System (SMS) - Aviation SMS for Airports & Airlines